- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Help
YOUR CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE -- ACTS OF KINDNESS IN OUR COMMUNITY
• Participate in the Heartland United Way’s Random Acts of Kindness month! Donate a book
to your public library today!
• Give a care package to someone in need. Keep it with you! You never know when you will
• Head over to the Grand Island Hope Harbor website and take something they are in need of
as a Random Act of Kindness! http://www.hopeharborgi.org/donate.html
• Donate clothing to Goodwill!
• Hold the door open for someone today for Random Acts of Kindness Month!
• Take goodies to a hotel for their hotel housekeeping staff!
• Let someone go before you in line today!
• Going through the drive through? Pay for the next person’s meal!
• Return a stranded shopping cart to the appropriate place!
• Write a thank you note to your public service reps! Firemen, Policemen, etc.
• Has someone inspired you? Or gave you good advice? Write them a thank you note.
• See a classmate struggle? Help them with a project or their homework.
• Are you an animal lover? Visit your local Animal shelter and show them some love!
• See a piece of trash on the ground? Pick it up to help keep our world clean!
• Buy a lottery ticket for stranger.
• Donate a dollar at the store, restaurant, ex. for a good cause!
• Buy two movie tickets and give them to a stranger. Have a night on me!
• Take flowers to the hospital, make someone’s day.
• Help someone load their groceries at the market!
• Thank your mail carrier. Put a goodie bag in the mailbox or thank you for your mailman!
• Help a neighbor rake their leaves.
• Tell your boss they are doing a great job!
• Bake for a friend or loved one.. Just because!
• Share an inspirational quote with someone.
• Help a co-worker with a project!
• Make someone laugh… Laughter is the best medicine!
• Be a courteous driver and let someone else go first.
• Leave a generous tip for your waiter or waitress.
• Help give directions to someone who is lost.