S.H.A.R.E. is taking off! ------ Connecting the very generous people of the Grand Island area with families who need our help!
The Sharing Has A Radiant Effect project, or S.H.A.R.E., is a collaboration of local community members who have rallied together to ensure Grand Island’s working poor and near homeless have the goods they need to be successful every day. Since 2012, S.H.A.R.E. has facilitated the collection and distribution of specific NEW items each month—items people go without in times of hardship—through existing helping agencies. For families who cannot afford basic necessities, such as diapers, soap or even toilet paper, the sense of urgency is great.
So, please consider S.H.A.R.E.-ING today!
- January/February: winter gloves, hats, scarves (all sizes)
- March/April: toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, napkins
- May/June: shampoo, soap/body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- July/August: children’s socks & underwear
- September/October: baby wipes & diapers (all sizes)
- November/December: toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, napkins
- Every month: baby wipes & diapers (all sizes)
Need more information? Follow S.H.A.R.E. on Facebook at “SHARE - Grand Island” or contact committee chair Dori Bush at (308) 382-4040 or Heartland United Way at (308) 382-2675.