You are here
Pacesetter businesses demonstrate leadership by encouraging employee participation in our community and providing generous financial support to help "set the pace" during the annual Heartland United Way campaign.
The businesses with the top 25 workplace campaigns each year are named Platinum Pacesetters and are recognized in order of their total campaign contribution, including corporate and employee giving.
Top five Pacesetter Businesses:
Businesses that meet the following criteria are named Gold Pacesetters:
- 50% employee participation in workplace campaign
- 10 or more employees
- $50 or more per capita giving
All Pacesetter businesses are asked to exhibit leadership in the following ways:
- Conduct a workplace campaign starting in August
- Ensure success of the workplace campaign by making it fun and educational for employees
- Report campaign results prior to the campaign kick-off and wrap up their campaign before the end of November
- Provide corporate support for Heartland United Way fundraisers through sponsorship or by providing employee volunteers, encouraging attendance and selling tickets
- Encourage employees to participate in the Community Investment process each spring to help distribute campaign funds
- Help Heartland United Way remain connected with employees who leave or retire by obtaining permission to pass on updated contact information or allowing a campaign presentation at retiree events
- During orientation, encourage new employees to begin a relationship with United Way
Becoming a Pacesetter business opens doors for your business to receive special support and recognition from the Heartland United Way. Pacesetter businesses receive special recognition at United Way campaign-related events and in the annual report, which is distributed in the newspaper to our four-county coverage area. United Way also hosts a free training on how to conduct a workplace campaign for Pacesetter businesses each August.