When tough times hit, it is often hard to know where to turn for help and what resources are available. The Heartland United Way can help connect you with health and human services and programs for your unique situation. Click on the links below to learn more about the resources available in Hall, Hamilton, Howard and Merrick counties:
Situation Resources Guide (Click to view resources for a specific need in our area)
Summer Food Assistance (Click to view locations and times for summer breakfast and lunch programs)
Holiday Assistance (Please check back October 1st for the Toys for Tots registration)
211 Resource Hotline (click to visit the 211 page) If dialing 2-1-1 is not working, please try this number: 1 (866) 813-1731
This hotline offers assistance finding community services by a trained operator and is available during the following times: M-F: 7 AM - 8 PM, Saturday: 8 AM - 5 PM. Click here to visit the 211 Nebraska Website.
- Community Partner Programs (click to visit the Community Partners page) View a list of programs and services offered by United Way Community Partners.
- Grand Island Quick Reference Guide (click to view available resources in Grand Island)
- Grand Island Resource Guide (click to view what Grand Island has for resources)
- Housing Reference (click to view a free service to list and find rental housing and services in Nebraska)
- Need Help Now? Quick Resource Guide (click to view local programs)
- Imagination Library Program (click to register your child for the free book program for children 0-5 who reside in Hall, Hamilton, Howard and Merrick Counties)
You can always call the Heartland United Way office at (308) 382-2675 for assistance. Our hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Outside of our office hours, dial 2-1-1 from any phone.