The Heartland United Way is announcing the availability of $30,000 for local nonprofit organizations to apply for grants. The nonprofit organizations must be located and providing programs in Hamilton, Howard, Merrick counties or in the rural communities in Hall County.
The Heartland United Way’s mission is to improve lives and create possibilities. Our Board of Directors adopted a bold goal to decrease childhood poverty and to fight for the Health, Education and Financial Stability for every person in every community. The Heartland United Way helps feed people facing food insecurity; prepare children for success in school, work and life; and connect people in financial distress with resources to pay bills and stay in their homes.
Applications will not be accepted for capital expenditures, buildings or youth sports. Preference for funding will be given to organizations that provide programs or services that align with one of the following areas:
- Education: Improve opportunities for youth to be prepared for and successful in school
- Income: Provide programs and supportive assistance to low-income families who are financially unstable
- Health: Help feed people facing food insecurity and to increase the number of people who are healthy and avoiding risky behavior
2021 Community Impact Grant Application
All Grant recipients will be required to complete a progress report outlining program's results. This report will be due on 12/31/2021.
Grant Time Line
- Application Open: February 1, 2021
- Applications Due: February 28, 2021
- Review and Evaluation: March 1 -12, 2021
- Grant Awarded: April 2021
If you have additional questions, please call the Heartland United Way office at (308) 382-2675 or email Stephanie at email@example.com.
Heartland United Way's mission is to improve lives and create possibilities for people living in Hall, Hamilton, Howard and Merrick Counties. This mission is achieved through advocacy, leadership and support for nonprofit organizations that help individuals and families gain access to educational, economic and health opportunities.